There’s a pub and a hotel, both serving food, within easy walking distance of our park. The Woodman Pub is the closest and the St Leonards hotel is a 20 minute walk away.
Shops, major supermarkets and an abundance of pubs and restaurants are a few minutes away by car or a cycle ride for the more adventurous. We can recommend many places to eat in the area and local taxi firms.
With the park being located just half a mile from the A31, the stunning area of the South Coast and the New Forest is easily accessible.
On the doorstep of Back of Beyond Touring Park are the Moors Valley Country Park, offering many activities and set in nearby Ringwood Forest, Matchams Raceway, Avon Heath Country Park and Hurn Forest (which is walkable from our park) – all are well worth a visit.
- 5-10 minutes by car will take you into the lovely market towns of Ringwood and Wimborne, with its medieval Minster.
- Cross the cattle grids enter into the wonderful New Forest with free-roaming ponies, cattle and donkeys, and traditional villages like Brockenhurst and Burley where you can rent bikes.
- 10-20 minutes and you are in historic, Christchurch with its famous Priory and harbour, where the Stour and Avon rivers flow into the sea
- Around 20 minutes and you can reach Bournemouth and Boscombe with their sandy beaches, piers and shopping centres. To the west is Sandbanks, where a ferry crosses the entrance of Poole Harbour to Studland.
- 30 minutes by car will get you to Winchester, Salisbury, Shaftsbury and Southampton.
- 40 minutes drive will take you to the stunning Dorset Coast from the Jurassic Coast Centre at Lulworth Cove to Durdle Dor, Swanage and Corfe Castle, Wareham.
- 45 minutes to the south-west lies Lymington (for Isle of Wight ferry), Buckler’s Hard, Beauleiu and the National Motore Museum.
Headline attractions are the New Forest, the South and Jurassic Coast, but there are many ways you can enjoy the area: walking, cycling, horse-riding, fishing, bird-watching, day cruises, water sports, exploring our natural history or just capturing the scenery in photographs.
We can advise you on cycle routes in Reception and cycle hire can be arranged. Discover the Castleman Trailway – a wonderful 16.5 mile route for walking and cycling from Poole to Ringwood within 10 minutes from our park.